pH Control for Swimming Pools
Liquid carbon dioxide CO2 can play an important part in maintaining the pH levels in swimming pools. Water disinfectants like chlorine can turn the water solution alkaline. However, with the introduction of carbon dioxide, alkalinity levels can be regulated, as it forms a weak carbonic acid.
By using carbon dioxide in a swimming pool you are able to reduce your reliance on mineral acids. It’s a clean and safer alternative.
Unique benefits of CryoEase® microbulk solutions in swimming pool application
- Reduced reliance on and handling of dangerous mineral acids means a safer environment for all
- Totally dissolved solid levels are reduced
- Plant corrosion significantly reduced because the carbon dioxide only forms a weak carbonic acid, so prolonging the life of operating equipment
- Chlorine gas release is practically eliminated because the risk of disinfectants combining with mineral acids is no longer a worry
- Improved efficiency and less manual intervention as we refill the liquid carbon dioxide microbulk tanks on your behalf. There is also no need for multiple pressurised cylinders to be on your swimming pool premises
Back to Microbulk Solutions