Balloons are fun!
Make sure they remain so by following the safety points outlined below:
- When transporting a cylinder by car ensure that the vehicle is well ventilated and the cylinder is well secured
- Ensure cylinders are stored in well ventilated areas, away from direct heat
- Always wear eye protection when using a cylinder. When inflating balloons always point the balloon and inflator away from you. Remember to close the cylinder valve after use
- Always use a proper trolley for moving large cylinders, even for a short distance
- Always fasten the cylinder to a secure support in an upright position when in use. Cylinders can cause serious injury if they fall over or roll onto you
- Keep cylinders away from children at all times. Responsible adults only should use cylinders and other equipment
- Do not deliberately inhale Balloonium® helium. Although not poisonous it can result in asphyxiation
- Never open the cylinder valve without fitting an inflator, and then open the valve slowly
- Never use equipment which may be damaged
Under no circumstances attempt to repair any item of equipment.
For a copy of the Air Products helium safety data sheet click here →